Lubbock County, Texas

State Of Texas - County Of Lubbock

Text Size: A | A | A

Frequently Asked Questions


How do I get a death certificate?
At the City of Lubbock Vital Records, 1625 13th Street, Room 102, 775-2934

How do I get a birth certificate?
City Births and anyone born in the state of Texas may get a birth certificate at the City of Lubbock Health Department, 1625 13th Street, Room102, 775-3069
Birth certificates that are from the rural towns around Lubbock, Reese Air Force Base and Delayed Births can be obtained from the County Clerk's Office, 904 Broadway, 2nd Floor, Room 207; 775-1056.
How do I get a Marriage License?
County Clerk's Office, 904 Broadway, 2nd Floor, Room 207; 775-1056
Where can I pay a city police ticket?
Municipal Court at 915 Avenue J, 775-2473
Where can I pay a Lubbock County Justice of the Peace ticket?
904 Broadway, 1st Floor; for tickets issued outside the city limits or tickets issued by DPS, Texas Tech Campus Police, Texas Parks and Wildlife or Texas Alcohol Beverage Commission. Refer to your ticket for more information.
Where do I go to report for a Jury Summons?
1302 Avenue G, 775-1386
I need information about jobs available.
916 Main Street, Suite 1206, 775-1692
Where do I pay property taxes?
Lubbock Central Appraisal District Office, 1715 26th Street, 762-5000
I need help with child support.
Attorney General Child Support Office, 4630 50th Street, Suite200, Lubbock, Tx 79416 767-0521
Where is the Social Security office located?
5825 16th St. Lubbock, TX 79416, 1-866-467-0460
Where do I go to get my driver's license?
Texas Department of Public Safety, 1302 Mac Davis Lane, 472-2800
Where is the IRS location in Lubbock?
1205 Texas Avenue, 472-7582; toll-free number 1-800-829-1040(individuals) or 1-800-829-4933(businesses)
Where is the Lubbock office of the U.S. Bankruptcy County, Northern District of Texas?
Serving Lubbock, Abilene and San Angelo, 472-5000
Where do I apply for welfare or food stamps?
Texas Health & Human Services Commission, 1716 Parkway Drive, 744-7632
I need to register my vehicle and get a title for it. Where do I go?
Tax-Assessor-Collector Office, 916 Main, Suite 102, 775-1344

Contact Us

In this Department

More Information